Saturday 22 June 2019

June 20th 2019 Second eventful day



Our day started quite well, we decided to try and get a new fuel filter and pump for Gurty and after asking in a couple of garages we were pointed in the direction of a vehicle spares shop, success they had a pump and a new filter.

Not wanting to get all messy doing the job I asked if they could suggest a garage that might fit the parts for us.

Yes there was a garage a few hundred meters away, so off we went, on arriving at the garage I eventually found a mechanic working on a car and explained the problem, he said he would have to ring his boss to check if it was OK to have a look.

Five minutes later his boss arrived got me to pop the bonnet and had a look, can you start it he says, no problem I reply, I start her up then release the clutch, oops I hadn't taken her out of gear property she leaps forward and stalls, but not before hitting the boss in the knee, he is hopping around and I am apologizing in my best French. luckily he is happy to let his mechanic do the job for us, even though his knee is obviously still quite painful.

Could things get worst? well yes, the stress has caused one of my eyes to go cloudy, the day before I had the second lot of laser treatment for a detached retina, now my eye is showing the same signs as before the laser treatment!

Anyway, the mechanic does a good job and we are on our way again, Gurty is behaving fine, but I am obviously worried about my eye and what to do, then manage to take a wrong turning and get lost in Arles, if things couldn't get worse, while concentrating on where the GPS was taking me and , I wasn't thinking in three dimensions and forgot about the height and got jammed under a railway bridge.







We had to let practically all of the air out of the Tyre's to get Gurty out from under the bridge.


I then reversed up to the bridge to give me access the damage,


Apart from a little damage to the roof, we got away lightly, although it did destroy the evaporative cooler, I have all the bits, but possibly beyond repair. 



all I had was cardboard and gaffer tape, but luckily the is no rain so hopefully it will get us home like that.











No comments:

Post a Comment